Traci Cimino, MSW, RSW – Social Worker/Consultant
Traci Cimino is the owner and primary clinician of Human Connections Counselling and Consulting. She is a Social Worker and a member in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers and the Ontario Association of Social Workers. Traci’s career in social work began at a young age, investing a great deal of personal time attending to her mother’s medical and emotional needs. Traci took on an active role case managing her mother’s complex health care concerns, advocating on her behalf, and navigating the health system. Also ensuring her mother was emotionally supported throughout. This experience gave Traci an in depth understanding of the challenges families face both medically and personally. As Traci began to consider career options, she realised she wanted to continue helping people navigate through life, therefore focused her professional career on counselling, case management, and consulting.
Credentials and Education
Traci obtained a bachelor’s degree in psychology (BA. Hons. Psych) from York University in 1999. At the same time, Traci completed the York Seneca joint Rehabilitation Services Certificate program. After working in the field for 6 years, Traci returned to university to obtain a Bachlor’s and a Master of social work from McGill University in 2006 and 2010 respectively.
Traci’s work experience includes:
- Counselling individuals through a major EAP organization
- Family counselling in an outpatient child psychiatry centre
- Case management for children and adults living in care who have an intellectual disability
- Crisis counselling with those presenting with suicidal ideation
- Critical Incident debriefing and defusing
- Facilitating support groups
- Developing and facilitating educational presentations